Thursday, September 5, 2013

For Your Inspiration...Follow Your Passion

Follow Your Passion

News Flash: You Only Have One Life To Live!
You Get No Do Overs.
And This Life Does Not Come With A Re Wind Button.

So think about this.
If you are not following, chasing, hunting down YOUR PASSION?

What Are You Doing With Your Life?

Where Are You Heading?

News Flash: If You Are Not Building Something You Are Passionate About? You Are Definitely Building Something That Is Someone Else's PASSIONS.
It's Never Too Early and Never too Late.

As a kid I remember seeing Wolfman Jack.
Even though I did not yet want to work in radio.
I knew that I wanted to have a job that I love and a career that allowed me to be free.
                Every time I saw Wolfman Jack, I saw a man that having the time of his life and getting paid for it.

Question: Are You Having The Time Of Your Life?
Question: How Long Are You Going To Put Off Having The Time Of Your Life?
Question: Is a week or two in Cancun or Jamaica all you want? Is that all YOUR HARD WORK DESERVES?

Later I knew I wanted to make people happy.

News Flash: I later found out that I DO NOT HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY.

News Flash: IT IS NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY.

What I have learned is that I enjoy coming up with witty ways to teach life lessons. THAT MAKES ME HAPPY.

News Flash: YOUR JOB IS TO FIND OUT WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY.
News Flash: Many People's Epic Fail Is To Think Some One Else Is Responsible For Their Happiness.

Example: There are many TV shows that I feel are damaging people and families. However since it is a free country and a market for self hatred and destruction, I do not allow these shows to make me un happy.
What I have chosen to do is the create my own media for those that feel the way I do and that want information that will enrich. I do not give negative programs nor their producers to power to make me happy or un happy.


The Mary Tyler Moore Show taught me to expect opportunities and always be prepared to learn on the fly.

Mary Richards applied for a secretary position and went home a producer.

She also took a pay cut for the opportunity. I actually learn more from watching The Mary Tyler Moore Show today than when I was younger. Thank you youtube.
|
News Flash: You Tube can help you learn more about anything you want or need to do. Use it.

WKRP was the first show that influenced me to work in radio.

I knew I had a passion for great music. For turning people on to great music.

I also wanted to work with people I cared about.

And before WKRP, as God is my witness I thought turkey's could fly.

Question: Are The People you Work With enriching your Life Experience? If They Are Not? They Most Likely Are Damaging Your Life Experience.



Lastly News Radio taught me I wanted to to enjoy every minute of my life including work, I wanted to produce content that made me happy, I wanted to work with people I cared about AND......I wanted to work in a field where anything can happen at any time.

I found out that my niece likes the show iCarly. Sometimes we watch it together.

I still enjoy TV shows about the creation of media itself whether it be Season 5 of The Wire or iCarly or The News Room.

What I love about iCarly is that it offers empowerment to young people in a way we didn't have.

Today if your child wants to be a reality star, a dramatic actor, a model or news reporter or create a totally new type of media? The Internet and the cell phone gives them that power. Although I want to end on this note.

I thank my mother because she saw that I loved the media and music too. She bought me my first DJ set up. And as people that grew up with mix tapes can tell you. Mix Tapes were our own little radio shows that we produced for our friends and fans. 

Then as now....it's your job to use what you have to build the future you want and deserve.

IN MY OPINION:
Everything Else is Faking Jacks ...that's old school for Failing.

_______________________

Advertisement




No comments:

Post a Comment