Thursday, September 19, 2013

Editorial: Are We Ready To Speak Honestly About Inter-Racial Dating

Let me start by saying that if I speak honestly?

I am a child of the mid 20th century and the early 21st.
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN HERE?

It means I still hear my momma telling me "If you get caught with a white girl she's gonna holler rape."

It means the images of black women being brutalized in films like roots will most likely be with me till I die.

It also means that I learned to live and let live.

It means three of my dearest friends that have never ever hesitated to help me and the products of inter racial relationships.

It means that the most fun I have had at a club in recent time was with a white women because I did not have to wade through the cultural quagmire that many Black women insist on dragging with them EVERY where they go (such as putting on a show for their girl friends.)

It means I understand that if you find some one that is BLUE with yellow polka dots and they love you for you?

Love them back and be happy.....it's rare and you are very lucky.

It means that I understand WHY people choose to date outside of their race because BLACK PEOPLE HAVE TOO MANY CULTURAL HANG UPS...SOME OF WHICH ARE KILLING US SPIRITUALLY AND PHYSICALLY.

Being a child of two very different centuries means this...I LOVE BLACK WOMEN...and I AM STILL HOPEFUL THAT I CAN FIND ONE THAT IS WHOLE ENOUGH TO LOVE ME....

________________
Advertising


No comments:

Post a Comment