Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Five Things I Love Right Now….Words Br Raymond Tyler



This is an idea that I hope you will all steal.
We all find great cool stuff on facebook, reverb, twitter and before myspace we had this thing called “real life.” And the creators, artists and business can use the endorsements of things YOU LOVE.

At least once a week, I will stop and give love to 5 things I am loving right now.

So enough of writing about it…here it is.


1.    
1.   Five Ways To Fall Out Of love a film by Lola Irizarry .

What’s NOT to LOVE LOVE LOVE and one more LOVE about Lola Irizarry . In a world where so many people are talking about what they will do. Lola is doing it. I first came across 5 Ways To Fall Out Of Love as a Facebook Page and Lola was asking for stories on “how to fall out of love.”

The concept is so poetic it makes me jealous. It reminds me of when poetry and hip hop and film making were all so exciting because there were more then just a few stories being told.

5 Ways to Fall Out Of Love is a project that will be growing I believe for a while.













      2.  After The Gavel a book by Turkessa Lee- I love me some Turkessa Lee. Every conversation involves two things I respect. A. Embracing What Is Good and B. Rejecting What Is Bad.

It seems simple but so many people invite the media, friends that are not friendly, and pain into their decision making process. After The Gavel is about healing. Though the main premise is “Life After Divorce.” After The Gavel should be read by anyone that needs permission to move on.


In fact I loved After The Gavel and Turkessa Lee so much, that I will be producing a new show with Miss Lee for the new Voice Network. (Stay Tuned.) Very soon you will be able to hear and see Miss Lee on a regular basis as the host of Permission To Have A Voice.





3.Nothing But Net TV with Jeff McGill-McGill is a pioneer in internet TV and I hope and pray that NBN makes it to a broadcast screen soon.  It would be perfect for a cable channel.


NBN TV also takes me back to some of my favorite video shows of the past like Pump It Up with Dee Barnes and Krush Raps with The Funky Editor Mike Elliot.

There are two types of people on the net those hip to Nothing But Net and those who will be.





4.Rules Of Engagement formerly on CBS now in syndication. I don’t care what CBS thinks I could have watched new episodes of Rules Of Engagement forever. The show stars Patrick Warburton (who played David Putty on Seinfeld) as a veteran husband of 14 years.

The show revolves around Warburton’s “Jeff Bingham” and his “cave man” ways that his wife (Meg Pryce) loves yet she struggles to refine him and wants to change him.


Throw in the engaged couple one of which is extremely attractive and sometime solid actress Bianca Kajlich. Along with the single  guy, David Spade, Rules is a half hour of funny every time.



5 .Atlantic City DJ’s.

Larry Lee-Though not in AC currently. Lee /DJ Original ILL Nino is a DJ most of my DJ people agree is hands down dope. Most people don’t know, as nice as Lee is with his hands….his heart is even bigger. One thing I’ve always liked about Lee is that he stands for his beliefs. The big heart and moral back bone is just gravy because there are not many people nicer than Lee on two turntables. My favorite mix by Lee is his remix for IF by Janet Jackson. I could say he makes a sick record terminally ill….but honestly he kills every remix I ever heard him do.

 DJ ILL Nino/Larry Lee's Remix for The AC Classic DWYCK



DJ Fah D-Have you heard the expression “A Party Ain’t A Party?” Fah-D’s List created havoc, turmoil and hurt feelings among MC’s in Atlantic City. He’s been AC’s Mix Tape King. Even if I wanted to dispute Fah being the number one DJ in Atlantic City and South Jersey right now? Numbers never lie and the numbers and the people have spoken.AND HE IS THE UNDISPUTED NUMBER ONE DJ IN AC AND SOUTH JERSEY.  My favorite Fah D party to date? Hmmmm….I would say The Mart Small White party 2012 but again….Fah kills every party that he touches a turn table.



DJ Swoosh- If Touch Tone and Doc B run Philly? If Fah D runs  AC? And Funk Flex IS NY. Then DJ Swoosh runs everything and everywhere else. 3 or 4 years ago Swoosh did some promo CD’s for my five year anniversary party and everyone that has heard it wants me to burn them a copy. Swoosh has fans in every generation, in every city, at every venue that matters in AC and in the world. You can catch him in Florida, Jamaica or Europe.


 Interview with Swoosh on The Voice Of AC Radio Show.

I love AC DJ’s. 


Larry Lee inspired me to get serious.
DJ Able Inspired Me To Sound Better.
DJ Thadd Inspires me to have fun and to be creative.
DJ Fah D inspires me to keep growing and expanding.
DJ Swoosh inspires me to keep spinning and look at every business as a potential venue for a DJ.

Rest In Peace To Robert "Big Rob" Williams who inspires me to inspire others to live out their dreams on radio and TV.
You will be missed.

FYI-I’m available for gigs, but I can tell you straight up. Any of these spinners will make your party or special event musically memorable. 


Share 5 Things That You Love Here, On your Facebook, Twitter where ever. 

________________
Advertising






No comments:

Post a Comment